Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Enlightened

The whole month of January, I have practiced to partcipate in the musical play of the Ten Virgins. Our stake put it on for our Annual Women's Conference. It has such a beautiful message of our relationship with Jesus Christ. Each virgin had a personality and a lamp that was specific to her devotion. We each had parts to say and a song that related to our character. The setting was beautiful with a huge stage, props and lighting. We even dressed-up in period clothing. We performed with a CD because the music is so beautiful. Of course there were five foolish and five wise virgins. My character was a "foolish" one. "Adi" was too concerned about the way people think about her. So she used all her money to buy a new dress for the "wedding" instead of extra oil. It is interesting to think that the parable is about church members and their preparation for the bridegroom. "Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh." Matthew 25:13
We had a overflowing turn-out and since I performed this the Saturday after Brady was put in as Bishop, my in-laws, mom , and sister were able to see it. Thanks again for flying up here! Love you all.

4 comments:

Linda said...

That sounds like a wonderful program. What a great thing to be apart of.

Nielson Family said...

Bishop Carter! Wow, how fitting! Congratulations on such a humbling calling. I'm sure that your program turned out beautifully Shari. You have always had such a nice voice. We miss you guys & still enjoy watching that fun DVD of your trip to Thailand. Keep in touch with us okay.

Love ya, Jeanette, Devin & family

Heather Ashcroft said...

Grandma told me the performance was really nice. I'm sure you did a great job! Sounds like a really great experience.

Shaila Lou said...

You guys did so great. It made me think a lot about how I need to be more focused on my spiritual growth!

It also made me realize, I need to get back in ward choir...I need to use my talent, before I lose it!