Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Here We Go!

We are big fans of this movie, but we didn't think we would be going back to a Singles Ward!
On Jan. 25th, Brady was called to be a Bishop of one of the Student wards in the University Stake. Boy, were we Surprised! We were a bit overwhelmed, but excited! His ward meets at the Institute building on Campus with one other student ward. Our family attended the last two Sundays and Man, is it ever Quiet! The kids did pretty good, though. The kids and I will still attend our family ward. But, we will go to the activities and participate in other ways. Brady's parents came and stayed for a week. My mom and sis flew up the next week. It was nice having family here. It still doesn't seem real that Brady is a Bishop, but I guess when he is gone for meetings, it will feel very real. Now I know why it is important to pray for the Bishop and his family! I feel bad that I have slacked off on that. Any prayers are welcome for Bishop Carter and his family! Thank you for all of your love and support. (We'll need it!)

4 comments:

Adam and Sherry said...

Congratulations Bishop Carter. I talked to your mom and dad in our ward today and they said they had a great time up there visiting with your family. I am definitely glad that I am not old enough to be a High Priest yet. Good luck with the new calling.

Lynette said...

Hey There,
I must admit we had a good laugh over this one! Brad wondered if all the other men in Pullman were off to war! Just kidding, we know you guys will do a great job. Your Christmas card was darling! We have a blog, it's utahgearys.blogspot.com. Hope all is well.
-Brad & Lynette

Heather Ashcroft said...

Congratulations to Brady! I know he'll do a great job and the kids will love him. They will love you too. I remember being in the student wards and I always liked to get-to-know the bishop's wife and their kids. I'm sure you'll be welcome with open arms and make some really good memories there. I'm sure you'll also influence the lives of the students in a really positive way. Good Luck! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh...congrats and and you have my sympathy at the same time. You will get a ton of blessings and if anyone can do it, it would be you!!!