Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Surgery Day

Bethany has had many nurses.  They all have loved to take care of her.  There are a few of them that have formed somewhat of an attachment to her.  On surgery day, a couple of them were fighting for the opportunity to take her to surgery.  One of them conceded, but she came back the next couple of days to be with her.  We are so grateful for the loving care that Bethany has received.
After I talked with the surgeon, the anesthesiologist, and the assisting nurse, I was fixing Bethany's blanket and noticed her hand was laying on her chest and flipping the bird!!!  As if to say,"This surgery is my ticket out of here! Get me into surgery so I can go home! So long Hospital!"
The nurse said that when they took her back, she was eyeing the anesthesiologist with her "Big" eyes!  The anesthesiologist was astonished and didn't want to start on her until her eyes were closed!  The surgery went well, and Bethany did fine.  They wheeled her back into the room where I was able to see her. 


She needed to be hooked up to the ventilator again.  It had to stay in for a couple of days. It was so sad to see her in that kind of bed again and all hooked up and drugged up. The G tube is the blue nob thing by her belly button. She was a trooper and was trying to look at me when she heard my voice.  I soon went home so she could  rest.

0 comments: