Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Nursery

I've had several requests to see the nursery. So here are some pictures. There are still some finishing touches to do. . . I'll post them later when their done.


The Crib Story
This crib is one that we inherited from Brady's sister Dana.  It is around 16 years old.  We used it on all three boys. I sanded it and stained it darker, (with the help of my mom) for Josh.  It was a long process, but I have really loved this crib.  Well, as you all know, we need another one. 
A friend had promised to lone me hers, but it is in Coeur D' Alene, so we didn't know when we could get it.  A few weeks ago, a sister in the ward just asked a few of us if anyone needs a crib.  I figured, I didn't, but I told her, I might want to come and look at it.  She was ready to get rid of it.  I went to go look at it and when I walked into the room, I about cried! It was the exact same crib as ours!!! I couldn't believe it!! It is a little lighter and more worn, but the same style.  I was so excited! 
So we brought it home.
Luckily I was able to find the same crib bedding I had already purchased earlier.  Everything will Match!  I just can't believe how everything has worked out and flowed together. 
It was definitely meant to be.


3 comments:

Aleesha Burke said...

Cute! Fun that you found a crib that matched.

Heidi said...

Holy cow CONGRATS! I ran into your mom at the Dinosaur Park yesterday and she told me your wonderful news. I just can't believe it. I guess you really weren't meant to adopt a girl. Heavenly Father knew what was coming your way, you just had to be patient and have some distractions along the way. We are SO excited for you.

Carol said...

Guess what! We have the same crib too! So funny. I got ours from a yard sale when I was pregnant with Hannah. 5 kids later it was so worth the 20 dollars.
If I lived closer I would have let you have mine as well.
I'm so excited for you.